- More than 50 in metropolitan area
- Rent ranges from about $1,500 to over $4,000 a month
- No Medicaid
- Residents must be independent in meeting their own personal care needs
- No facility-employed caregivers
- Residents hire outside help if necessary
- Most units are private with kitchenettes
- Activities available on-site or off-site
- Some retirement facilities have on-site caregivers employed by third-party home care agencie.
What are they?
Retirement Homes are semi-independent facilities. Residents live in private apartments
(studios, one bedroom, or two bedrooms) and take anywhere form one to three meals a
day in the central dining room. Facility employees handle all landscaping and
maintenance. Some Retirement Homes offer freestanding private homes or garden
apartments. Several Retirement Homes are aligned with an Assisted Living Facility or a
Nursing Facility, or both.