Adult Foster Homes
- More than 900 in metropolitan area
- Rent ranges from about $2,200 to over $9,000 per month
- Medicaid often accepted
- Assistance with medication management, bathing, dressing, incontinence, behavior, mobility, skin care, tube feeding and insulin injections
- Some specialized homes for extreme behaviors and conditions
- Maximum of 5 residents in Oregon
- Most homes have two caregivers on duty much of the time
- Nighttime staffing patterns vary
What are they?
Adult Foster Homes are private residences that, in Oregon, house up to five residents.
Meals are served in a central dining room. Most rooms are privateas. Adult Foster Home operators must pass a basic skills test and a language
proficiency test, document verifiable work experience, and prove financial stability.
Who regulates them?
Oregon Aging and People with Disabilities Program and local county offices regulate Adult
Foster Homes. Evaluations are made annually. Unannounced monitoring visits take
place if there is cause for concern. Check here for substantiated complaints of abuse and neglect: https://ltclicensing.oregon.gov/